Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28th, 2011

Well darn it I didn't meet my once a week goal this past week... but at least I'm only a day over!  I'd like to be going to bed right now, but I'm making myself stay up an extra 15-20 minutes to reflect on this past holiday week!  It was VERY nice to have a break!  I enjoyed Thanksgiving with both families.... Jordan and I have a lot to be thankful for, Zearley is everything two parents could ask for.  She's such a joy and now she's UNSTOPPABLE... she's walking EVERYWHERE!  It's so fun to watch her get better each day and how quickly she's learned.  She walks with her hands and feet out right now like she's about to fall, but she's got pretty good balance. Over the weekend she has now learned she can bend/squat down to pick something up and then stand up again- all on her own!  She's doing awesome!  She still loves the stairs though, so we have to be very careful and remember to always close doors behind us.   Although she's always cute, Zearley's definitely starting to show her attitude when she doesn't get what she wants!  She will drop and lay her head down on the floor and pout!  What a drama queen already!?
On Thanksgiving, we went to Jordan's side for lunch and my side for supper.  It was a very busy, but fun day with family.  We're very fortunate everyone is close so there's not a lot of traveling for us.  The weather on Thanksgiving was beautiful it was certainly in the high 50's, it maybe even reached 60 degrees outside, whatever it was... it was beautiful, it made it seem more like an Easter holiday then Thanksgiving!  I'm glad we've only had one dusting of snow so far this year, but I know it's inevitable that it's on it's way, so I almost feel the sooner we get it over with the better, I'm hoping it's a short winter this year!
Early Friday morning (12 am) I went "Black Friday" shopping for a short amount of time to check out what good deals there were.  However, I didn't find any deal worth waiting an hour in line for at any of the stores we stopped at.  I met up with Lisa, Jena, Jillian, Lani, Alexa, & Tami, however I was back home right before 2 empty-handed and ready for bed!  Later Friday, we went shopping for a bit again.  Then Friday night, Jordan and I met up with my mom, Sara and Jason and Quinn, and Kaia and Justin down at Holiday Hoopla on Main St. Cedar Falls.  It was crazy how many people were down there.  It would be fun when Zearley gets a little older and she's excited to see Santa come to town, but this year she was asleep in the car when Santa came to town by helicopter.
Saturday, we went down to Jordan's grandma Bev and Ron's house in Cedar Rapids for a Thanksgiving dinner.  Then when we got back, Zearley and I went to Kaia's for a jewelry party.  Jordan went and looked at mattresses and made our big Christmas purchase- a new KING sized bed.  It's much needed with 3 dogs, Jordan and I, and a lot of the time Zearley too!!
Well, I have to cut this blog short because little Z bug is suddenly awake, poor tired girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment