Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20th, 2011

This seems to be becoming my habit...blogging on Sunday evenings!  Whatever works, as long as I'm sticking to writing once a week!  I'm excited to get this week started as it's only a three day week and tomorrow morning we have a field trip to the public library.  Should go pretty quick and then I'm way excited about Thanksgiving and spending a couple extra days with my little girl and family!  Hoping it's stress-free... like all weekends should be.  Hope to go out on Black Friday and get some Christmas shopping accomplished!  Not sure how I feel about waiting in lines anywhere yet, I don't think there's anything on my list I need to stand in line for, but I'll take a look on Thanksgiving in the newspaper...that's the best day of newspaper ads!!
This week seemed to start off slow, but it ended up going pretty quick.  Jordan stayed home Friday night and left early Saturday morning for Landan's first play-off game.  Northwest won, so that is great news for them...very exciting, hope they do as well as they did last year and hope they don't have to play in Duluth, MN!!  Brrr...last year I felt bad for them, how cold it had to have been!  Being Jordan was gone all of Saturday and came home Sunday afternoon- it was very quiet here.  Zearley and I didn't do a whole lot.  We met Sara & Quinn at the mall for a little bit on Saturday and then later on we met Kaia and Justin and her friends Travis, Stacy, and McKinley after the Decorah/Union football play-off game to eat at Mulligan's.  Zearley loved McKinley!!  She is 3 and was a lot of fun for Zearley!
Today we ran a few more errands and then came home and made gingerbread cake balls and caramel cake balls to share at Thanksgiving!  Hopefully they taste good!  I also went out on a limb following a very vague recipe to make macaroni grilled cheese for supper!  It was AMAZING... I'm starting to feel a little like Paula Dean or something!  Haha...maybe not quite, but it's fun finding recipes that are simple and delicious!
Oh an important note about today, Zearley wore her first ponytail in her hair with a bow.  She wore her bearcats onesie with jeans and a bow in front of her ponytail, she looked too cute and it getting so grown up.
There's not a lot to report this week, other than Zearley is really walking now!  She took her first steps November 8th, but she's now taking a lot more steps independently.  She doesn't get up from the floor and start walking on her own, but she will stand up to tables/chairs and then take a couple steps if you reach out for her and ask her to come to you.  So cute!  I love to watch her little legs take steps and how excited she gets... such a doll!  She's getting better and braver every time!  You have to be so careful of steps now because she climbs them SO fast!
She started eating teddy grahams (broke in half) and goldfish crackers this week!  She loves her cheese ravioli, string cheese, cottage cheese and surprisingly so, she likes to chew on lemons!  She tried chewing on a piece of celery yesterday and she really seemed to enjoy that too!  She's really a great eater, which I'm very grateful for!  I'm excited to watch her eat Thanksgiving dinner this year!

Of course I have to download at least one picture from this week, so what I've chosen for this blog is a picture of Zearley from the bath tub last night!  She loves playing in the water and her hair gets so curly they make for darling pictures.  It's also fun just to take pictures of her playing with the water because water looks so cool in pictures!  I'm always sad Sunday nights when I get her put to bed and she cuddles and I think about having to leave her tomorrow to go back to work!  A Big Bummer!
Friday night, we went out to eat at Old Chicago with daddy and grandma Lisa.  We made a stop at the Dress Up Shop and got a lot of cute things for Christmas for Miss Zearley!  I'm excited to get going on some pictures for Christmas of our little jewel!  I have a lot of ideas in mind, so I'm hoping my little cheese is cooperative!

Maybe I will get a post in before Thanksgiving, but if not I have a lot to be thankful for and I will post afterwards to reflect on the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment