Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011

Well darn it...I didn't make my once a week blog...instead, eight days later I'm sitting down on a Sunday night and making myself reflect on this past week!  At least tonight was a good bedtime night for Miss Zearley, so I'm able to have some time to get things done!  This week was a week of great relief, some relaxation, and yet another tragedy.  I'll start with the relief- Monday and Tuesday I had parent teacher conferences and I'm so relieved to be done with them.  I'm happy with the way they went, I have a good group of parents and students so that helped my conferences run smoothly.  It was nice to visit with parents and celebrate the growth students have made after now 51 days of kindergarten.  On Tuesday, November 8th Zearley started to get a little brave and take a few steps on her own.  She is not walking yet, but loves to hold on to things or your hand and walk around.  Although, she's taken a few steps, she's still not quite sure about the whole walking thing, but she's getting better all the time... sooner than later, I know she'll be taking off all over by herself and I will wonder why I was so anxious and excited to see her walk!  There will be no stopping her!
After conferences on Tuesday night, I was very tired, so it was nice to wake up Wednesday morning, to our first late start day!  I wasn't thrilled about having our first snow- there wasn't a lot, but it was just really wet and pretty windy.  I didn't get to sleep in, as Zearley was wide awake, but I did get some extra snuggle time with her!  So that was well worth it.  During this time Wednesday morning, it was then I learned of an accident that happened Tuesday night where a car struck a man walking his dog, killing them both.  This man happened to be a very good friend and classmate, Abbey (Henry) Sauerbrei's dad. What a tragic event, I have now learned a lot of very sad details of this tragedy, however I'm not sure if everything I've heard is 100% correct.  It sounds like to me what started as an accident, turned into a crime by the way things were handled by those involved.  Gravel roads are scary, people often tend to drive all too fast on them, and innocent people live on them and have every right to walk on them, whenever they chose as long as they take per-cautions for their safety.  I'm very saddened for Abbey and her family.  It's absolutely not fair what happened and the life of her dad and his dog was taken as a result.  If what had happened was confessed in all honesty from the very beginning after the accident occurred, I think, although still very difficult, it might have been more accepted.  I don't want to say too much, as I know everyone's voice is entitled to their own opinion and there are probably more views then mine on this tragedy- I just really hope Abbey's family finds peace in the outpour of support and love shown for her dad today at his celebration of life.  It was truly a unique and neat experience that honored his Native American Heritage.  Abbey lost her mom at a very young age when we were in fifth grade to breast cancer, which has been hard on Abbey growing up and her mom would be so proud of the mother Abbey has become herself today and how much support she has put forth towards finding a cure for breast cancer in honor of her mom.  Now, Abbey has lost her father.  It's in times like this she needs to see all the support praying for her and how much all of her extended family and friends care about her.  She will get stronger as a result of this, although to her right now that has to seem impossible. She has a wonderful husband who loves her with all his heart and is very supportive of her.
Wow...it's hard to write about anything else after that, a tragedy like that really pulls on your heart strings.
Friday, I had the day off of work because of conferences earlier this week.  I didn't do a lot on my day off, but I got to spend the entire day with Zearley, which of course is enough in itself.  We went out to take recycling back, and that was about it!  We went out for supper with Jordan's family, it was later that we went.  Zearley's bedtime was about the time we were getting there, but she did great the whole time.  You could tell she was getting tired though and the minute we left in the car she was out!  She tried a lemon for the first time when we were at Doughy Joey's and her face was priceless!  Of course, I didn't have my camera or the flip camera, but I'm bound to get it on video and in pictures sometime so hopefully she'll show the same reaction!  After her initial pucker, she seemed to enjoy biting/licking it!
Yesterday, Saturday it was a pretty beautiful day for the second week in November!  I took Zearley for her first wagon ride that she got for her birthday!  She loved it!
Jordan stayed home from Landan's game this weekend, and it was truly great to have him home.  We got a lot accomplished around the house.  First and foremost of course his yard, looks great!  Zearley and I had no choice but to take a walk if we wanted to get any pictures with leaves in them for fall because our lawn had literally no leaves!  He takes a lot of pride in keeping the yard look nice, and I appreciate it, a lot more than I ever say, because it does take away time we spend together...but at least we had him home!  Together we got a big job done this weekend- we moved Zearley's crib upstairs with us. I'm looking forward to much more comfortable nights for her, as when she was sleeping in the pack-n-play still at a year, it couldn't have been too comfortable and just yesterday as Jordan and I were putting her crib together upstairs she made sure to let us know exactly why we needed to put the pack-n-play away...she crawled out of it to get to the bed, falling in between the bed and the pack-n-play, but grabbing on to the bed, giving herself a graceful fall.  Poor thing..it was time to get rid of that!  She loves being upstairs, but now we have to be EXTREMELY careful.  Friday, she crawled up ALL the stairs herself, with me RIGHT behind her of course, but she got no help from me.  The danger of steps worry me, we always need to remember to keep the door to upstairs closed!
Well, it's getting late and I got a lot written down for this week, so I better sign off and get ready for tomorrow and bed for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment