Sunday, October 23, 2011

A week has gone by...

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I'm holding myself to my goal of at least one blog per week!  Every week is busy and it only seems to be getting busier and more stressful each week with work nearing the time of report cards and conferences!  I'm thankful to have a stable job, but at the same time I can hardly stomach the amount of time I'm missing out with our little jewel!  This weekend Zearley and I spent most of our time at home and that of course is just the best time in my mind.  I love just being with her and not having anything we HAVE to do!  Jordan was out of town for his brother, Landan's football game it was homecoming at Northwest and they won.  Zearley and I had Jessica Wittenburg's baby shower Saturday afternoon.  And after a frantic near loss of Zearley's beloved purple pacifier and with mommy's stress level and emotions through the roof, Courtney found her pacifier lying safely in our driveway when we got home!  Who would have thought, Courtney, like I was certain it had to be in the car or at the shower because we were sure I handed her her pacifier a couple times during the "long" ride to Denver for the shower.  Sometimes I think I'm more attached to it than she is, in fact I know I am, a little crazy I know, but I can't help it, in fact I even looked through wrapping paper/tissue garbage looking for the "sacred" binky!  Anyways, it was like a 100 pounds were lifted off my chest when Courtney got out of the car to go home probably thinking man I can't wait to get out of the car with that grump, when whalla... there it was, Courtney made my day!  So if you read this Courtney, I'm sorry I was such an unpleasant driver on our way home!
So after that, back to the busy week:  Monday was just simply exhausting after Zearley's party and I had to wait at school until 5:00 rolled around and I could call the court house to see if I needed to report for jury duty the next day, and of course with my luck... I learned I had to report.  So there I sat at school until after 8:00 writing lesson plans for the next day... did I mention I do NOT enjoy missing a day of school and having to plan for a sub?  It's so much more work to plan for a sub than it is just to go to work!  Ugh!
Tuesday morning, I took Zearley out to Grandma Lisa's like normal, and then headed to Waterloo to report for jury duty.  However, before I could get there, I must have ran over something in the road that hit my back left tire just right, and POP went my tire!  Great, now what was I going to do, my tire pressure was going down right before my eyes 14 lbs., 7 lbs., 5 lbs., 3 lbs, 2 lbs....and finally I was able to pull into the downtown Waterloo fire station, with 1 lb. of air left!  Not a great idea, but I made it to a location I felt safe leaving my vehicle and walking to the court house.  I got to the court house and forgot about leaving my keys with the van to be towed, so luckily my mom doesn't work far from downtown and she was able to save my day by coming to get my keys from me and taking them back to the van.  Then after sitting in my assigned court room for over an hour (I got ALL Zearley's birthday thank you's written), the judge came in and let us know there wouldn't be a trial and we were done and wouldn't be asked to do anything else....I was relieved, but now I didn't know how I was going to get anywhere without a vehicle, so luckily my mom was able to come and get me again.  Then after all that sub planning.... I did the right thing and returned to work for the remainder of the day.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday came and went quickly... and I STILL don't know what Zearley is going to be for Halloween, I'm starting to hope there's a 12 month Carter's costume left somewhere around here and I'll just have to go with one of them.  Nothing unique, but I suppose she'll still  look really cute in one of them!  The important thing is that she has a costume, I don't have time to get real unique anymore... have to do that a different time!
This week is busy with Zearley's 1 year pictures on Tuesday and her 1 year doctor appointment on Friday!  She's so close to walking, she has great balance and can take a step or two without even knowing she did when I let go, but after that, she has no interest and just wants to sit down and crawl!  Silly girl...but once she gets it, she'll be a pro and she'll be off and running!  This week she's really in to pointing at things and it almost sounds like she's saying "What's that?"  What a sweetheart, she's growing up so fast!  Within the last month, she's really started to hate having her diaper changed!  It's not even that she's too wiggly, she's always been pretty wiggly, but now it's more like having a fit over having them changed!
Zearley has gotten pretty good at giving kisses now too, however she opens her mouth to give kisses and you better be careful she doesn't lock down and bite you!
You have to be careful having Zearley in a cart now too because she wiggles around until she can try to stand and that's VERY dangerous!
Tonight she was so tired, she fell right to sleep, but she woke up every time I tried to put her down and then I needed to get ready for tomorrow, so I had Jordan take her for a bit and she screamed for about 10 minutes and when I finally got out of the shower, she was sound asleep in her daddy's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment