Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15th, 2011

Today was a busy day going to the annual UNI craft show, running errands at the mall to complete Zearley's birthday outfit, and watching the Hawkeyes beat Northwestern!  It was a good day, however I don't think Zearley really enjoyed staying so busy, it's hard to keep her in her stroller or hold her all the time when she wants to get down and crawl around.  It made for a long day for her!
Although I didn't buy much at the craft show, it's always fun to go!  I'm always amazed how many people go to it, and I've now learned just how hard it is to bring a nearly 1 year old and push a stroller up and down the busy aisles!  I know it's not a great place for strollers, but some people could be a little less rude about strollers being present, it's crowed either way, with or without them... I understand they take up more room, but I don't think there's anything wrong with pushing a stroller around there, as long as I'm respectful of those around me!
The tears came again today... I'm just not ready for our baby to be 1.  She was born on a Saturday, so with today being Saturday it brought me right back to the beautiful Saturday afternoon we had a year ago, when I gave birth to the most precious jewel.  It's so bittersweet, I love thinking about the memory of her birth, how much I enjoyed every bit of being pregnant and even giving birth (except for the 2 hours I waited for the anesthesiologist), but I'm so sad that it's a year old memory already.  I would love to go back to that day, but I'm so happy and lucky she's healthy and growing like she should.  I hope to have a few more times to enjoy being pregnant and I hope my other birthing experiences are just as enjoyable as Zearley's was, I'm just not ready to prepare myself for sharing my attention with another child.  However, whenever that time comes I will welcome a new baby with just as much love as I have for her!
Tonight shortly after Zearley ate her supper and I was trying to get her calmed down for bed, she seemed quite irritable and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I had nursed her, and she still wasn't happy and nursing has always been a "cure all" for her.  So I discovered she needed her diaper changed, and much to my surprise, she had developed a bad diaper rash rather quickly.  I'm unsure what from because I haven't changed her foods, except for the kind of applesauce she ate.  She's mostly eaten applesauce made from Braeburn apples, but more recently I've given her apples made from Honeycrisp apples.  I don't know if that change would cause some rash/discomfort, or if it's just a result of more teething, which is a great possibility!  I just don't like not knowing what has caused it, and I felt terrible for her wiping her bottom and putting cream on it tonight, as I could tell it hurt.... and with it being her birthday tomorrow I felt even worse... thinking she can't have diaper rash on her birthday!  Poor thing, I hope by morning my magic "concoction" of butt paste and baby powder have taken the edge off the sting and relieved the redness!
The next time I blog... I'll be a mommy of a 1-year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment