Friday, October 14, 2011

October 14th, 2011

Today is Jordan's 28th birthday and in just two days our little jewel will be 1!  It's unbelievable how fast time has gone!  Zearley is growing up so fast!  Everyone told me the first year would go fast (as will the rest of her childhood), but I never believed it would go this fast!  I am loving every minute I get with Zearley, she is such a joy!  She's been a very good baby, we've been so lucky!  She's been so healthy- with only two minors colds in her first year.  I am still nursing her at night time and occassionally through the night/morning- I love our snuggle time, it's going to be very hard to give up, but we will make the adjustment slowly together. 
I'm starting this blog in hopes that I will journal about Zearley on a weekly basis as she grows up!  I'm hoping opening this blog and typing will be easier for me than filling out her baby book has been!  Being a mom and working full-time is very hard, I'm torn between not being able to spend the majority of my days with our baby even though I know she's with grandmas all day.  I feel like teaching consumes a lot of my time and energy, and then when I finally arrive home at night, all I have time for is to feed Zearley supper, play a little bit, and get her to bed.  I'm very thankful to have the teaching job I do have, in my hometown, teaching kindergarten with two amazing team teachers.  I know if I were to make the decision to stay home with my child, I would never get the opportunity to have my job back!  So I'm trying to make the best of an emotional time in my life.  The best part about my job is I do have the summers off to spend with Zearley!
Speaking of an emotional time... Zearley's First Birthday has been so hard on me this week.  I'm not ready for her to be 1, I wish time would slow down.  I cry every time I start thinking about her birthday- I'm so excited for her big day because it should be a lot of fun, but at the same time I'm torn that she's growing up and changing so fast!  Every new stage she enters has been fun and exciting so I look forward to everything ahead of us, but I'm not ready for the days that she no longer wants to snuggle and just be carried around.  Already she's obtaining her own personality and there are times she just doesn't want to be held, she wants to crawl around everywhere, but for the most part she still enjoys being held.  When she is crawling, she stands up to everything...and reaches for anything in her reach even if it means standing on her tippy-toes!  She's recently been into "dancing" and giving "high-fives" she's slowly this week just starting to understand how to give a kiss!  The words she likes to say are baby, momma, dadda, puppy, and sometimes bye bye.  She definitely understands what bye bye and hi mean- she's a great waver!  Zearley loves her 3 puppies, especially Ramona...she thinks she's hilarious! 
I've been very proud of myself for trying to give Zearley the very best first year I could give her.  I have nursed/pumped for her entire first year and I've made all her baby food from fresh vegetables and fruits and Zearley's been a wonderful guinea pig!  She's a great eater! 
Zearley has 5 teeth (two bottom, three top), and she hasn't had too terrible of a time teething from my observations.  At times she was more irritable than usual, but her teeth never kept her up through the night.  She had a couple runny noses and small diaper rashes, but those were her only real symptoms and they never seemed to make her too unbearable.  Even when she probably felt miserable, she kept in pretty good spirits!
So I did pretty good getting some thoughts down for my first blog!  I hope I can continue, so others can watch Zearley grow up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment